قَالَتْ لَهُمْ رُسُلُهُمْ إِن نَّحْنُ إِلاَّ بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ وَلَكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَمُنُّ عَلَى مَن يَشَاء مِنْ عِبَادِهِ وَمَا كَانَ لَنَا أَن نَّأْتِيَكُم بِسُلْطَانٍ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ
“Their Messengers said to them: “We are no more than human beings like you, but Allaah bestows His Grace to whom He wills of His slaves. It is not ours to bring you an authority (proof) except by the Permission of Allaah. And in Allaah (Alone) let the believers put their trust.”
وَمَا لَنَا أَلاَّ نَتَوَكَّلَ عَلَى اللَّهِ وَقَدْ هَدَانَا سُبُلَنَا وَلَنَصْبِرَنَّ عَلَى مَا آذَيْتُمُونَا وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُتَوَكِّلُونَ
“And why should we not put our trust in Allaah while He indeed has guided us our ways. And we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us, and in Allaah (Alone) let those who trust, put their trust.”
1. It’s not your task to convince those who doubt you. Their premise is flawed because they want you to make up for something that is lacking in them.
2. Be connected to what your heart is convinced of, and don’t be duped into shifting focus to ego. No one can give you what you want, but Allaah, and no one can take away what you have, but Allaah. So chill.
3. Know that what people say and think about you has no power to affect your reality, as long as you’re grounded in your authentic feelings.
4. Be ok with not knowing everything. Be ok with being wrong. Don’t be tricked into dissolving your faith because of doubt. The truth won’t weaken your convictions, it’ll bring you new ones. It cascades outward. It’s up to you to integrate what you have when a truth has come to you, but doubts always try to snatch away whatever you have without replacing it. Doubt is parasitic.
5. Accept worst case scenarios that your fears may conjure, or else you’ll be enslaved by illusions that aren’t true at all. Your willingness to endure fears and doubt will be the door through which Allaah’s redemption and miracles will enter.
6. Never put your trust in what is tangible and controllable. That is fleeting and not reliable. Safety is never in control, it’s in surrender.